Our Salisbury office employs around 70 members of staff tasked with varying duties: from membership and complaints administration to complaints mediation and investigation.
As a free, impartial and independent service for consumers, we help people to settle complaints in relation to property agents. By providing a service for people from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, we ensure that those we employ value and reflect this diversity.
The work experience, academic and professional qualifications of our employees are as varied as the work we do and we aim to employ people with the right work ethic, experience and ability to fulfil the often complex and pressured roles within our company.
Case Administrator (Case Management Officer)
Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP
£18,635.40 Per Annum
The Property Ombudsman provides a free, impartial and independent service, helping to resolve disputes between Consumers and Property Agents. It is the largest Ombudsman scheme in the sector and the only one to operate Codes of Practice to raise standards and share best practice in the industry. It is a not-for-profit organisation and has been providing a free and impartial dispute resolution service for more than 27 years.
The Case Management Officer Role
The key purpose of the Case Management Officer role is to facilitate the smooth transition of a Complaint from completion of the agent’s internal complaints procedure through to closure. In order to achieve this the main duties include: actioning incoming and outgoing mail, handling telephone and written enquiries and recording information in a timely manner, producing letters and documentation according to Office procedures, liaising with other staff, customers, firms and outside bodies to obtain additional information or documentation and providing guidance on TPO procedures when asked.
To be considered for the Case Management Officer position, you will have the following education, skills and attributes:
- Good general education to include English and Maths GCSE Grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent prioritising, problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player and have the ability to multitask
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to maintain a rapport with challenging consumers
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Products
- Ability to consider the potential outcome and consequences of an action
Case Management Officer Benefits
- 23 days of annual leave plus Public Holidays per complete holiday year, January to December
- 3 additional discretionary days of annual leave between Christmas and New Year’s to allow the office to close for the holidays
- Immediate enrolment in pension scheme, with the company contributing 3% and matching up to 5%
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Life assurance scheme
- EAP service
If you feel you are suitable for our Case Management Officer position, please apply now. Please note that the deadline for applications is midday on Friday, 17 August 2018 and interviews will take place on Thursday, 23 August 2018.