Membership Codes of Practice
We have worked closely with the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) to obtain approval of our Codes of Practice so that members can benefit from being allowed to display the CTSI logo to consumers.
The following Codes of Practice cover estate and letting agents in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and have been approved by CTSI.
- TPO Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents
- TPO Code of Practice (England) for Residential Letting Agents
- TPO Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents
N.b. the 2016 Lettings Code will continue to apply to agents for Wales and Northern Ireland.
- TPO Code of Practice (Scotland) for Residential Estate Agents
- TPO Code of Practice (Scotland) for Residential Letting Agents
The following Codes of Practice cover some of the other services provided by TPO members.
- TPO Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents in the Channel Islands
- TPO Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents in the Channel Islands
Highlighted changes to all Codes of Practice with effect from 1 June 2019:
General Membership Obligations
Agents signed up for Registration only, Residential Leasehold Management, International, Auctions/Chattels, Channel Islands and Isle of Man are required to follow the General Membership Obligations.
Membership Guidance Notes
Guidance notes have been put together by the Ombudsman on the following topics to help improve the standards within the industry.
- Canvassing for New Business
- Guidance for Estate Agents - CPRS
- Guidance for Letting Agents - CPRS
- Dealing with Vulnerable Consumers
- Sales Agency Agreements
- Lettings Agency Agreements
- Sale by Tender
- Guidance for Agents - Competition Law
- Guidance for Letting Agents - Access to a Tenanted Property
- Legal Requirements under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- NTSEAT - Referral Fees Guidance
- Dual Fees