Please Note: All references to the masculine include the feminine on TPO website and documents.
I would like The Property Ombudsman (TPO) to consider my complaint. I understand that:
- Any personal details that I submit to the TPO Office in the context of my complaint may be considered by the Ombudsman in order to deal with my complaint effectively.
- TPO may need to exchange information about my complaint with other organisations (for example, to find out or check important facts relating to my complaint). This includes information given in the Complaints Form. It also includes information in any supporting documentation, unless I specifically state otherwise.
- TPO may publish examples of where things can go wrong, based on actual cases, but TPO will always respect my privacy and keep my personal information confidential.
- Information used in considering my complaint might be retained for statistical analysis, for internal training purposes, as a source of precedents, or to assist in the investigation of future complaints.
- TPO handle complaints in a different way from Courts, not requiring people to attend hearings in person, but resolving disputes by correspondence unless an oral hearing is specifically requested.
- I agree that the Agent I am complaining about may release their file to TPO.
- I agree that a copy of the completed Complaints Form and all documents I have provided can be sent to the Agent I am complaining about.